Macro Settings, Am I missing something?

sandcounter

Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Despite having "Enable all macros (. . ." selected in the Trust Center. I still get a message that the macros have been disabled. All my other spreadsheets seems to work fine.
I have opened, changed settings back and forth, closed, etc.
I have tried exporting and importing the macros back into the workbook.

I notice that macros used to be listed by macroName, now they are listed as 'workbookName'!macroName in the macro dialog box. Does this make a difference? Why would this change?

The macros in this spreadsheet have worked for 97 days straight on the same computer with no obvious changes to the macros or settings. Is there another setting that I am missing?

Is this a bug, or user error? Thanks in advance, any help is much appriciated.

w165857334.jpg

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Is the workbook protected at all?

Upvote 0
How about the VBProject? Also, is the workbook encrypted?

Upvote 0
Everything in VBA is unlocked, i.e. the user can look at any code with no password, though each of the macros protects the active sheet when run:

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="secret", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, AllowFormattingRows:=True

I do not believe the document to be encrypted as I have not encrypted it. Also, I have the option to encrypt available, I assume this option would not be available if it was already encrypted, though I have never used the option before. Is there another way I can check for encryption to be sure?

Upvote 0
That should be OK. Do you have SP1 installed? Also, have you tested with all protection removed? There do seem to be some issues with 2007 and password protection, unless your virus scanner uses the right API.

Upvote 0
I do have SP1 installed. I have not tested with protection removed as there are 97 sheets in the workbook individually protected. I am willing to try though. But before I go through the rigors of removing all the protection, is there a possiblity that the number of sheets in the workbook effects the allowance of macros on a single workbook?

I am using no virus protection. (is that a safe thing to say on a programming website?)

Upvote 0
I ran into a problem that sounds similar to yours but i'm not sure it is the same thing. My macro-enabled workbook would not let me turn the macros on. This is the solution I found to it for now:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927150

I don't like having to change my registry to make my file usable again but it did work.

My file once did work and now doesnt without the registry entry. My other .xlsm files still do work though even without the registry fix. I am actively working on the code in the file that stopped working so I'm not sure if something in my code is causing the error to happen in my case.

Upvote 0
Do they all use the same password, or a different one? If they're all the same, a quick macro will unprotect them all.
I don't think the number of sheets would make a difference, but 2007 seems to do some odd things. What format is the workbook saved in?

Upvote 0
All passwords are the same.
The workbook is saved as *xlsm.

nocturnal028, the registry edit seemed to do the trick. Thanks to both of you for your time.

I hope that at somepoint I can return the favor.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back