New Board: Watched Topics

Stormseed

Banned
Dear Sir / Madam

I had over 9 pages of Watched Topics that I stored for my reference on the website and I cannot find any link to Watched Topics. Please walk me through the procedure. Thanks.

Regards
Stormseed

Re: Loss of "Watched Topics"

Check under "User CP" (the left link in the bar above this message).

You can see subscribed threads there. Do your watched topics show up there as well?

Check under "User CP" (the left link in the bar above this message).

You can see subscribed threads there. Do your watched topics show up there as well?

I have thoroughly checked the User CP (Control Panel) option and none of my "Watched Topics" are listed there. These awesome 9 pages of research and help have been lost forever ? The link only shows the threads which you have active in your login post this modification to the message board was done. I mean, this is something really strange happening and this amendment in the "look of the Message Board" has cost me a huge loss of such important topics in Excel.

What do you suggest, sir ? start from scratch again ? this can't be the solution...please please...don't do this to me.

Hi,

I think the update is a great improvement but have a couple of other questions:

- Is it possible to still display the list of unanswered posts as before?

- What does the 'Add to ???????'s reputation' button do? Couldn't find it in the FAQ.

Dom

We still have the old software and data - we are looking into what we can do to get Watched Topics back.

Please keep to one topic per question.

I think I have got the answer to my question, partly though.

When you post your comment to a particular thread, your image / avataar comes alongwith your name in the thread. When I click on my own avataar, I am redirected to my profile on the Board. There are 2 links provided under the title "Forum Info". I got most of my "watched topics" (not all of them) back.

Now, the query is only how do I retrieve all the topics for which I am not a part of...In other words, in the Old Board, we used to have a link called "Watch this topic". I clicked on many of the topics because I liked the questions asked and also liked the resolutions members provided for that particular question. Obviously I was not a part of these threads as I did not post any comments in these threads. Now, I am looking forward to retrieve these topics back. The above method which I managed to hunt down...does not show these Watched Topics for which I have not contributed.

Thanks
Stormseed/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeller10

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back