New Addition To The Family

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
My third child was born Sunday night after a reasonably short labour. She's a cutie and has what are quite possibly the most piercing screams I've ever heard when she wants feeding.

I keep telling myself that the sleepless nights are good for me...

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Congrats Richard!

I have two little ones of my own, and my daily desk calendar had a very fitting quote today, courtesy of Ray Romano:

"Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You'll realize this as soon as they are born, and they start using sleep deprivation to break you."

Thanks Guys :-D

She's been asleep for nearly the entire day - I hope she doesn't fall into the pattern of sleep during the day/scream all night long!

Congratulations! [:-D<sup>16</sup>] Obviously the happiest days of my life were the days my children were born. But I must say that the days (a) when they started sleeping through the night and (b) when they were pottie trained to the point where we could go out to eat or to the store w/o a diaper (believe you call them "nappies") bag rank pretty high on my list of favorites.

Right now they're both at that magical age between toddler and teenager and I'm just enjoying the ride. I'm praying for a tail wind that'll carry me maybe another two years before we hit teenage turbulence.

So, enjoy the caffeine buzz you'll be on while trying to stumble through the sleep-deprived zombiehood that will be you for the next bit (I liken it to six Final-Exams weeks in a row). [To me the greatest miracle on this Earth are children that are eleven months apart. How anyone would have the energy is beyond my comprehension.] So, at the risk of redundancy: <font face="Verdana" size="+1" color="violet" style="background: url(http://www.balloondoggies.com/vonpookie/misc/sparkle.gif)">Congratulations!!!</font> <s> [Kristy's sig no longer sparkles, and I can't recall how to do the sparklies w/o doing the "view code" thing and examining the HTML in her sig, so sorry, no glitter.]</s>[Thanks Erik :wink:]

Congratulations Richard!

3 eh? I wonder how my wife does it with one!

Smitty

Congratulations Richard!!

I notice that you only had one post on Sunday, should we attribute this to the little one, or the board outage???

Code:
Sub SleeplessNights()
Dim Baby As Object, Wife As Object, Dad As Object
Dim Sleep As Variant
Dim Miracle As Boolean

Set Dad = ThisFather
If Baby.Scream < Wife.Tiredness Then
    Dad(Sleep).Value = 0
    Else
        Wife.Scream = Baby.Scream
        Dad(Sleep).Value = 0
End If
If Dad(Sleep).Value <> 0 Then
    Miracle = True
End If
End Sub

All the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hickman156

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back