MrExcel MVP?

hatman

Just curious. I have noticed certain people with the MrExcel MVP designation adjacent to their avatar where most of us are simply Board Regulars. What have they (or YOU as the case be) done to gain that recognition?

I assume that the stars adjacent to the avatar are indicative of number of posts... one star per thousand posts?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
MrExcel MVPs are members who have proven to be polite, helpful and knowledgeable (Expert skill in all areas not required). The number of posts doesn't have much to do with it - it's the *quality* of the posts.

MrExcel MVPs are members who have proven to be polite, helpful and knowledgeable (Expert skill in all areas not required). The number of posts doesn't have much to do with it - it's the *quality* of the posts.
-starl

Hogwash. It's a beauty contest. Erik's DRAFT movement is actually linked to this. But since we're all geeks, if you're a guy and you're too good-lookin' we don't let you in. :p Only other nerds or hotties like Tracy and Kristy. :wink:

*rofl*
now - that's assuming I'm a girl! :p
can you prove it??? :biggrin:

*rofl*
now - that's assuming I'm a girl! :p

If are one of those poor men whose parents gave him a girl's name, I feel badly for you.

In my world, names like Tracy, Mandy and Marion should only be given to girls. Bernie, Joe, and Bobby are boys names. I told my wife before we even started trying to get pregnant that, not only would there be no gender-confused names, but there would also be no gender-neutral names like Pat or Erin (Aaron).

Of course, there are worse combinations... like a girl I went to college with named Velvet Lipps... or a student I tutored named Eileen Dover.... or the kid from a rival high-school that I played chess against named Justin Casey.

Our daughter is Madeleine Elizabeth... a son would have been Liam Anthony. Of course, my daughter's initials are MES, but according to a new study, previous fndings that positive initials haelp you live longer have been overturned. On the other hand, she is just getting to the age where everything she does turns into a MESs...

Hogwash. It's a beauty contest. Erik's DRAFT movement is actually linked to this. But since we're all geeks, if you're a guy and you're too good-lookin' we don't let you in.

Hey Greg that's funny 'cos I thought it was an age thing and that only crusty old geezers got to apply (Tracy and Kristy being the exceptions that prove the rule) ;)

...now - that's assuming I'm a girl! :p
-starl
He11 yeah! :devilish: You forget about that smokin' pic of you in Colo's Cell-Masters bio? woohoo :oops: :biggrin: <hr />

Richard -- have you seen "baby-face" Oliver's pics? C'mon, the kid's like what sixteen? 'course he got in early so we're trying to ugly him up by getting him in drunken midnight brawls in the streets of Minneapolis. But don't tell nobody ~ 'cause it's a secret (and it's working!)

Is THIS the Tracy in question? If you are claiming that you not female, then you are an awfully pretty man <|;O)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reelspike

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back