Board Traffic - popularity rising

What makes a casual surfer convert into a participator is an interesting question I'd like to answer.
I was already a genius at Excel and wanted to make sure the people on this board were up to my standards in answering questions before I started providing answers. :rolleyes:

As you can tell from the complex nature of my first question ever asked.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255732

:laugh:

I got started as a participator as I was recommended by a colleague and never looked back from there. I would do the old search and try to find an answer before the forum idea was told to me.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
For me (as best I recall), I switched from reading forums to posting after I searched for a few answers, found them and then just began to read questions to see what else I didn't know. In so doing, I found questions to which I did know the answers so I thought I'd pay back the help I'd had. After that, my life has never been my own... ;)

It's a good site. By that, i mean it's easy to navigate through, it's not overly moderated in the Forums ... <snip>

Hear, hear. I am not one to ask question, but I detest :). I can't begin to imagine how a poster:eeek: feels when they ask their first question and they get a reply that they are locked out until and:crash: unless they reply to some officious PM that tells them they weren't specific enough in their subject matter. Yes EXCELFORUM, I mean you! Grrr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and MrExcel only has professional, mature and sensible moderating staff who act responsibly at all times!

Last edited:
Yeah and MrExcel only has professional, mature and sensible moderating staff who uphold standards at all times!
Yes, they would NEVER mess with someones posts (or Avatars as a practical joke)!!!

Hear, hear. I am not one to ask question, but I detest :). I can't begin to imagine how a poster:eeek: feels when they ask their first question and they get a reply that they are locked out until and:crash: unless they reply to some officious PM that tells them they weren't specific enough in their subject matter. Yes EXCELFORUM, I mean you! Grrr!
Can one of the professional, mature and sensible moderators send a friendly reminder to XLD that this is not how we should post here. :laugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back