Help with Conditional Formatting

L

Legacy 387946

Good evening Forum!

I downloaded the election data, and I have cleaned it up (or I'm in the process of doing so), but I am wanting to incorporate conditional formatting to highlight winning figures. More specifically, I want to highlight the maximum value of a column in a particular county, and I want that highlight to be red when the Republican candidate won, and blue when the Democratic candidate won. I have attached a screenshot below for reference.

So, I want to conditionally format my Worksheet in such a way that the maximum value (per year, so 2016 election is separate from 2012 election) in the POPULAR column in a particular county is highlighted red when Trump won and blue when Clinton won.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that I'll need to set up a formula for my conditional format, but nothing I've tried has worked.

CPE

owwp5

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I figured it may be easier to just attach my worksheet, but I don't see that I have that option. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to help with this request?

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure I need a formula that essentially argues the following: IF the value within a particular range is the maximum value of that range, AND if the text value in column A of the row in which the maximum value exist is, say, "REP.", highlight red. I don't mind setting up two conditions.

Upvote 0
Hi.

Excel Workbook
AB
1State%
3Arizona
4Clinton44.0%
5Trump47.0%
7Maryland
8Clinton63.0%
9Trump27.0%
11Oklahoma
12Clinton30.0%
13Trump60.0%
15Texas
16Clinton39.0%
17Trump48.0%
19Washington
20Clinton50.0%
21Trump36.0%
Sheet2

1. Formula is
= AND (A4 = "Trump", B3 < B4 )

2. Formula is
= AND (A4 = "Clinton", B4 > B5)

Formulas wihtout spaces!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirofa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back