Does anyone know how to change the RTD throttle interval ?

ironmouse

The Default throttle interval is set at 2000milliseconds. I know its possible to change it, but does anyone know how? I dont seem to be able to find the answer in the VBA help files or in any of the menus.
Thanks,
ironmouse.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Beyond this I can't help you.

How Do I Configure the RTD Throttle Interval In Excel?
This can only be modified via the Excel object model or the registry. There is no user interface for configuring the RTD throttle interval in Excel.

If the RTD throttle interval is set to -1, this is considered manual mode, and Excel only checks for updates when Excel.Application.RTD.RefreshData is called.
If the RTD throttle interval is set to zero, Excel checks for updates every chance it gets.
If the RTD throttle interval is set to something greater than zero, Excel waits at least that number of milliseconds between checks for updates.
Caution If updates come in so frequently that Excel is continuously updating values and doing calculations, Excel might end up in a state where it never gives the user a chance to do anything, effectively getting in a hung state. If this happens, set the Excel throttle interval higher.
To set the throttle interval higher through the Excel object model:

In Excel, go to the Visual Basic Editor (by pressing ALT+F11 or clicking Visual Basic Editor from the Macro menu (Tools menu)).
In the Immediate window (press CTRL+G or click Immediate Window on the View menu), type this code:
Application.RTD.ThrottleInterval = 1000
Make sure your cursor is on the line that you just typed, and then press ENTER.
To verify that it is set correctly, type this line of if code in the Immediate window:
? Application.RTD.ThrottleInterval
If you put your cursor at the end of this line and press ENTER, it should display 1000. Then you know that your throttle interval is set correctly.
To set the throttle interval higher through the registry, set the following registry key. It is a DWORD and is in milliseconds:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Options\RTDThrottleInterval

Note The throttle interval works in conjunction with an IRTDUpdateEvent callback object. If the IRTDUpdateEvent callback object is never called, then it doesn't matter what your throttle interval is set to; Excel never asks for the updated data.

You're at your own risk.

Zac

Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone know how to change the RTD throttle interval

Thats fantastic. Just what I needed.
Thanks mate:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back