Bad Formula

pclplante

Board Regular
This is what I have so far and can't seem to make it work on a daily basis.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&1:10&"'!B42"),TODAY() - 1,INDIRECT("'"&1:10&"'!B42")))

Any help PLEASE!!!

Biff,

Just curious. Couldn't you omit the SUMIF using N instead?

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("Z1:Z"&DAY(NOW())))&"'!B42")))

Don't know what is better/faster (?)

M.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Aladin,

It worked perfectly for me, but it's summing the dates in B42.

***Maybe*** the OP needs to sum cells in another column, C42 for example (trying to guess).

If so, this could work
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!B42"),TODAY() - 1,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!C42")))

M.

Right. The intent escaped me.

The sheet names are 1 to 31 representing the days in a month. I have a summary page for each week of the month and would like to add cell B42 of each day sheet as the days pass so being November 3 I would like week1 sheet to have the values of day 1&2 b42 added up and displayed. Tomorrow it would be day 1,2&3 and so forth for the week progressivly <- spelling?

Biff,

M.

In fact, the following also suffice:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&DAY(TODAY())))&"'!B42")))

Upvote 0
Biff,

M.
Yeah, that will also work.

I'd use the named expression, Days.

Name: Days
Refers to: =ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&DAY(NOW())))

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!B42")))

Upvote 0
Strange issue.

After i had posted #11 (using IE9) could not see page 2 of this thread using IE9. Ok with Chrome.
After i clicked the link in the email message, everything is running ok with IE9 again.

Not the first time that it happens to me, but always with the first post of a new page.

Weird!

M.

Upvote 0
Thank you the formula works great. Now if I can make it for specific weeks splitting the month into week1, week2, week3, week4, & sometimes week5. Any ideas ooh I did shorten the formula thanks.

Upvote 0
Thank you the formula works great. Now if I can make it for specific weeks splitting the month into week1, week2, week3, week4, & sometimes week5. Any ideas ooh I did shorten the formula thanks.
How do you define the weeks of the month?

Days 1 thru 7 = week1
Days 8 thru 14 = week2
Days 15 thru 21 = week3
Days 22 thru 28 = week4
Days 29 and > = week5

Upvote 0
Days of the month change from month to month. This month is 1-10, 11-17, 18-24, 25-30. December is 1-8, 9-15, 16-22, 23-31 thanks for the help I'm learning a lot from all this.

Upvote 0
Days of the month change from month to month. This month is 1-10, 11-17, 18-24, 25-30. December is 1-8, 9-15, 16-22, 23-31 thanks for the help I'm learning a lot from all this.
You could do something like this...

Use cells to hold the day range:

A2 = 1
B2 = 10

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT(A2&":"&B2))&"'!B42")))

Upvote 0
tried that it adds all the sheets between 1 and 10. I ended up changing it to: =SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&DAY(NOW())))&"'!B42")))
I did try to put this for the second week: =SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("11:"&DAY(NOW())))&"'!B42"))) where 11 is the change but it doesn't add correctly. I'm hoping it will correct itself on the 11th of this month. What do you think?

Upvote 0
tried that it adds all the sheets between 1 and 10.
I thought that's what you wanted?

I ended up changing it to: =SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&DAY(NOW())))&"'!B42")))
I did try to put this for the second week: =SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(INDIRECT("11:"&DAY(NOW())))&"'!B42"))) where 11 is the change but it doesn't add correctly. I'm hoping it will correct itself on the 11th of this month. What do you think?
The formula for the 2nd week is summing sheets 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Where I'm at, today is 11/5/2012 so DAY(NOW()) = 5. And ROW(INDIRECT("11:5")) = sheets 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

What do you want it do?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back