How to calculate percentage of total used time

jokernord

Hi!
I have problem finding out how to calculate the percentage of a total amount of time. I have made a training diary In excel. I put in the amount of time that i have used due to the various training methods. In one cell i have summed up the total amount of time during the mounth. What I want to know is the percentage of how much time the various methods is from the total amount of used time.
:devilish:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi!
I have problem finding out how to calculate the percentage of a total amount of time. I have made a training diary In excel. I put in the amount of time that i have used due to the various training methods. In one cell i have summed up the total amount of time during the mounth. What I want to know is the percentage of how much time the various methods is from the total amount of used time.
:devilish:

percentage of method 1 = (time for method 1/total time)X100
percentage of method 2 = (time for method 2/total time)X100

etc.

Gene, "The Mortgage Man", Klein

Upvote 0
Hi!
Thanks for the answer. It works..., but not for me. You see, I have formated the cells in time format. ( t:mm). Your suggestion works fine if the cells are formatted In "standard" format. Is there other ways to sum up time, than in this format (t:mm)??, and still get things right....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcough

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back