Lookups and stuff

Dowsey1977

Board Regular
Hi,

I have imported information from Excel into an Access table. There were 4 tabs in Excel which had user information along with user access rights. So what I did was created 2 tables in Access. 1 with all the names on the 3 tabs and 1 with all the access rights on it (access rights are grouped into 3 areas, and someone could have multiple access rights in more than 1 area).

What I want is a form that has all the user information on it, then a drop down box where you select one of the 3 areas and then it displays a list of access rights in a box below.

I don't currently have anything in the table that shows the users access rights or for which areas, although this information is held in the spreadsheet. The reaosn I haven't done this yet is because I wanted to have 1 record per person, and currently if I was to import the tabs as they are, where someone falls into more than 1 area it would be on seprate tabs and therefore it would create 2 records.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sledparty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back