VB HTML maker

justme

Will this work in Excel 2003? I tried to download this morning and am not having good luck. I did unzip in addin folder in C drive. Also restarted computer. When I went to tools/addins there were no new addins to choose. I thought I better quit before I blow my computer up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

You have to browse for the addin. There are a couple folders called Addin, just go to the one where you put the file.

I did a little checking and found the addin folder which held the items available for excel. I dragged the HTML file from C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office TO C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library.

Then I went to my spreadsheet and chose Tools/addins and success! There sat Html maker as a choice!

Bad news - when I checked the box I get an error message:

Error Referencing [VBIDE = VBE6EXT.OLB]

Error Number:= 91
Error Discrp:= Object variable or WIth block variable not set

You may have to manually set a reference to the [VBIDE = VBE6EXT.OLB]

What's happening?

Go to Tools/Macro/Security.

On the "Trusted sources" tab, check the box next to "trust access to visual basic project."

That pretty much takes care of that error :)

Where is the addin dialog?
When I go to tools/addins - there is no box to check off.

Found it, sorry. Will try to use again.

Thanks for the help!!!!

D'oh! You caught my first message before I realized what I said. Sorry about that :oops: :)

Another question. I am reading the read me page to the Colo Utility and do not understand how I can actually copy a portion of my spread sheet to the board. It says the image of an Excel worksheet is changed into a table. Is that what the Img* button is for? Now that the utility is avail, how do I use it?

I'm usually not this dense . .

[/img]

Nope, don't need the Image button for the HTML Maker. The "Img" button is for actually showing an image (such as .gif or .jpg) on the board instead of linking to it.

For the HTML Maker, all you have to do is:
  1. select the cells you want to copy
  2. choose "convert sheet to HTML" from the HTML menu created by the add-in (note 1&2 can be switched around. Doesn't matter)
  3. Click OK on the dialog once you have selected the range you want
  4. On the message box that comes up, click "yes" (I honestly have no clue what this does, but I always click yes and it works fine)
  5. Click "OK" on the next message box. Another webpage will open, displaying what your copied cells will look like when posted to the board.
  6. On the new browser window, click the button that says "Please click to send source to clipboard", then "OK" on the message box.
  7. Pop over to the board, and simply hit Ctrl+V in the area where you type. It will look like a lot of gibberish. That's normal, don't worry about it.
  8. When you post your message, the table will appear as it did on the browser page that opened up.

Note: Do not preview a message that is using the HTML Maker code. You won't be able to use the buttons on the preview page due to the javascript it uses.

Any better? :)

I followed your directions up to the Send the source to clipboard and it seems to be working great. Thanks for the help. Your directions are easy to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back