Calling gurus of the board

Sully38

Board Regular
Everytime my boss goes on the road I get a return gift of "some neat" little Ap he saw on his journeys..I wish he would stay at the office more often..anyways....
There is more a directional question, said boss, wants an Ap that will house a database of employee names, hiring Info, and a "Mug Shot" of all the employees of the branch(Approx 275). He wants to be able to search and find a name and be able to see the face at same time. and also print out the entire Db faces included in a 3X2 format. What is my best way to access the photos as querying seems slow and sluggish as you scroll through data. Is .JPEG the best format for this sort of undertaken? Any help would be appreciated.
:eek:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
First what you do is store your pictures in a folder preferrably in a subdirectory where your datbase resides.

You don't want to Embed them in your DB as it will greatly increase the size and decrease performance.

In your table for Employee info add another field for the file name of the picture. Here you will enter the Employee Picture file just as it is, for each employee record.

Eg. Employee1.jpg

Now assuming your working with a form, with that table as the control source, place an image control (Image6) on your form.

Paste the code below in the on current event of the form, note the Path and change it to reflect your folder path to the pictures.

now when the form is opened and as you change records it will change the picture according to that referenced in the field

'Code

Private Sub Form_Current()

Dim path As String

If Me.Filename <> "" Then

'path to picture location

path = "C:\My Documents\Mypictures\"

'places image into control

Me![Image6].Picture = path & Me![Filename]

End If

End Sub

You can do the same in the "on Format" event on a report if you want to print also.

Ziggy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregs44132

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back