No menu from COLO's HTML Maker

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
OK - I am flat stumped... :oops:

Tried to download COLO's add-in at work. Couldn't. Tried at home could. Installed it. Could not figure out how to use it - which was quite embarrassing since it appeared to be dead-bang obvious to everyone.

Turns out it's not displaying the menu. I went in and stepped through the code as it opens and runs CreateMenu() and CreateReferences(). After CreateMenu(), I can switch over to Excel from VB Editor and voilá, there's the HTML menu. After CreateReferences() executes Html menu is still there. Hit [F8] once more to pass the End Sub of HTMLMaker's WB_Open() method and bang... it's gone.

I temporarily removed my PERSONAL wb to see if something there might be affecting it. Html menu still disappears.

If anyone knows how to solve this one, I'd be much obliged 'cause I'm outta ideas.

Thanks,

Greg

Excel: 2002

Other add-ins installed are:
- Analysis Toolpak
- Analysis Toolpak - VBA
- Conditional Sum Wizard
- Lookup Wizard
- Solver Add-In

References in VB:
- Visual Basic for Applications [Path is too long to see filename but directory is VBA6]
- MS Excel 10.0 Object Library
- OLE Automation
- MS Office 10.0 Object Library
- MS Forms 2.0 Object Library
- MS Scripting Runtime
- MS Visual Basic for App Extensibility 5.3
- MS Outlook 10.0 Object Library

Update - e-mailed .zip file from home to office. Installed on office notebook. Works flawlessly.

Only diff between home & office is OS (using Win 2000 at office versus XP Home Edition at home) & I have a few more references in VB at office.

If anyone has a clue as to why my menu at home gets reset to the XL default menu after HTML-Maker has added it's custom menu, I'd still love to hear from you. Otherwise I will explore on my own and if I ever figure it out, I'll post back here.

I can't recall ever hearing of anyone with this problem. At least here on the board.

Have you tried contacting Colo through his website? He has a forum specifically for HTML Maker help.

After chasing down several dead end paths, I think I've get it figured out! :)

I had a bunch of custom toolbars & buttons that I had developed while using Excel 97. To port them over to 2002, I used the username8.xlb file; copying it into the XLStart directory. Removing the XLB file stopped XL from resetting the main menu. Not yet sure how I'll go about "fixing" this, but at least now I know what was causing Colo's HTML menu to evaporate.

Hope all of this helps some other poor soul in the future...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KENNETH ROGERS

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back