Most Valuable Professional

armando

Board Regular
I suppose that "MVP" is a title you earn studying. Could you give details about that?. How much time you study, where, cost. It's just curiosity.!

Maybe i'm not making the correct questions.
:biggrin:

Mhmm... you mean MrExcel MVP's ? nope... not Most Valuable Professional... it's MrExcel Most Valuable Posters.

It doesn't cost anything, and it's not a title you earn studying either... you just deserve it for the contributions to THIS board.

Now, there are other MVP's, Microsoft MVP's, which are 'Most Valuable Professionals', you don't take an exam for that either, its a title given by MS to those that contribute to the MS newgroups...

If grammatical rules are to be observed, it is not possible to have more than one Most Valuble Poster.

With a view to promoting correct English usage, I think the title should be changed and would like to suggest "An appointed member of the group of posters who are deemed to contribute less crap than the other idiots" (or AAMOTGOPWADTCLCTTOI for short).

AAMOTGOPWADTCSLCTTOI

...to reflect a qualification of the original suggestion by '...somewhat...'

Another suggestion which may be useful :-

By adding "marginally", the shortened version of the title would become AAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI.

For posters who are not appointed to this eletist group, they could be assiged the title : "An appointed member of the group of posters who are deemed to carry marginally less clout than the other idiots" (or AAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI for short).

This should be quite easy to administer since fortunately the shortened version of each title happens to be the same.

PS
I have inadvertly deleted my original post (which I think was about replacing "somewhat" with "marginally") and replaced it with this one.

why not just a simpel dot :unsure:

That would be very easy to administrate and also to explain for members as well :LOL:

For posters who are not appointed to this ..... group,

No dot, which would be even more easier to maintain and should'n bee too hard to explain for other.

My apologize (as usual) for my poor english which also explain the above suggestion :p

Kind regards,
Dennis

The problem with using a dot (or not using one, as the case may be) is that it is not self-explanory, whereas the initials that comprise the shortened version I suggested (AAMOTGOPWADTCMLCTTOI) are self-explanory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back