Automatic Log In

AdminCo

Board Regular
Am I understanding that if I check the "Log me on automatically each visit:" that I do not have to enter my Username and Password each time. I checked the box and it does not log me on automatically. Just curious how it is supposed to function.

Although petty, is it a feature of Windows that places the cursor into say the Username field at the log on screen and if so how does one set that to drop in the Username without having to move the cursor in with the mouse?

Hello AdminCo,
I am having the same problem;; I posted awhile back here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=51572

I could not find a Privacy tab sugested by Vanpookie; but I have been using Juan's suggestion for logging in which does make it easier but not automatic.

I had been auto logged in for months; then all of a sudden it stopped and has not worked since.

2rrs

Hello 2rrs,

I did find the Privacy tab and entered http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/index.php then set it to "Always Allow", so will see what happens there. I'd also been getting kicked off and just thought it was the ISP.

I'll give the Login at the bottom a try and see how that goes.

Thanks for responding 2rrs.

This hasn't worked for me for the last 3 days. Other sites I automatically log on to are still functioning. What gives?

lenze

Hi:

If someone is keeping tabs....my automatic log in is working fine.

plettieri

Hello Plettieri,

I'd say that they do keep pretty close tabs. Ms. Von Pookie or our Columbiano amigo to the south, Senor Juan Pablo will surely see what is said and action it accordingly.

That is what is so awesome about this web site is that they truly have tons of professionals making sure that the site stays in top running order. o_O

Alan

Well, this is a strange thing, because it seems to be working for me just fine. However, our phpBB friends have a recommendation, clea all your cookies, and then try again.

Maybe that'll work ?

Well, after reading some more in phpBB, I think I *may* know what the issue is, but it'll affect everyone, so I want to see if the clearing cookies worked ok first.

Clearing all cookies seems to have done the trick. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back