searching for search.....

mweaver

Board Regular
greetings from Kansas

I can't begin to count the times I have been helped from searching this board. I search this board four to fourty times per week (this is the byporoduct of no talent!) and now it just barely works....Mostly it doesn't seem to work at all!

I did a search of THIS forum and found no posts on search problems. What I got was over 4000 posts on excel questions ! Surely I am not the only one............

Almost every time a search comes back with one page of items and no other pages can be accessed (page 1 of 20 pages). This is usually a repeat of the first page of the Excel questions forum. When I ask it to search multiple words which is primarially what I am doing that radio button seems to have little if any affect on criteria. I also get blank screens with the status bar depicting "Done"! I also get a lot of "page cannot be found"!
I also get "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 39 bytes) in /usr/www/users/mrexcel/board2/search.php on line 337" ...whatever that is.... never seen this afore. Don't know if this is my end or yours. In the searching catagory I can't tell that my DSL connection is effective or not.

Am I searching incorrectly on this new board? Do I need more memory? Am I 39 bytes short of a load? (Don't answer that one) Is there a problem here that someone is working on?

thanks for listening....

mweaver

You are not alone; give the new board a while to shake out and these bugs should disappear.

problems with search

The problem described above is still happening to me...any idea when this will be fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back