Scroll bar annoyance

trufooser

I have a huge pet peeve in Excel. As your spreadsheet grows both vertically and horizontally, the scroll bar accommodates this growth as needed. However, if you were to delete columns and/or rows, the scroll bars stay at the maximum bounds. Am I making sense? lol. Is there a way to reset the scroll bars so when you grab the scroll bar and pull it to the bottom, it goes to the last entry currently in the spreadsheet, not the cell where the maximum last entry was? lol, I really hope this makes sense.....

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Good morning trufooser

To sort this out you need to delete the rows (not the information) between the last row of your actual data and the point at which the scroll bar thinks is that last row of your data.

Alternatively, my add-in available via the link below, has a utility that will do this for you across all worksheets in a workbbok. Just go to Ultimate > Optimise > Optimise Worksheets.

Whichever way you choose the workbook will need to be saved and reopened for the changes to be apparent. You will also notice a difference in the size of the file.

HTH

DominicB

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatje

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back