Time lag

Norie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is it just me and my setup or is anybody else experiencing pretty bad time lag when navigating the board?

I've noticed this before but it was pretty sporadic but now it seems the norm.

I've also noticed that the number of duplicate posts has increased, and I think that might be because people are hitting submit multiple times, probably due to frustration.

I've also noticed that the number of duplicate posts has increased, and I think that might be because people are hitting submit multiple times, probably due to frustration.
That's nothing new. That happens *every* time there's a lag (and, for the most part, when there is not a lag), this is no special occasion. ;)

I noticed a pretty good/big lag time a while ago (maybe 30 minutes ago? I didn't note what time it was), but things appear to be back to normal for me...

Kristy

I know it's nothing new it just seems to be happening more often than it used to.

I've even tried to figure if it's something to do with, say, the no of users online or something like that, but it doesn't appear so.

It's no big deal for me, but I have actually noticed that there seems to be a slow down in board traffic when it does happen.

And like I said we seem to be getting a lot of 'accidental' duplicate posts.

PS my original post here took 30 seconds to be submitted.:)

PPS and this post took about 1 second (or less) and I was able to edit about 1 second after I hit the Edit button.

Don't feel too bad Norie, it's all of us.

Now if I can only figure out why I get randomly logged out (most likely work and their draconian settings on my laptop)...

Smitty

smitty

I'm actually starting to think it's a problem my end.

I've been using Firefox instead of IE for a while, and I recently upgraded it.

As I speak I'm using IE and everything seems fine.

When I was using Firefox even typing a message had a time lag.:eek:

I use Firefox at work and IE at home...and I seem to get the intermittent slow periods on both.

Same as NVBC, I use Firefox 2 and IE7. Both have slow-downs.

I often find that if I get a delay, stopping the load and re-running it speeds up dramatically. Dunno, but possible issue when multiple requests hit at once and jam up the queue?

Denis

Hi, guys,

when there are problems: after submitting a message, I copy my message (Ctrl+C or to a "temp"textfile), I wait a moment (10-15 seconds? it's just a "feeling"), then hit the "return" (twice when the "posted succesfully" message comes up and stays "for ever") to get back to the thread and click REFRESH to check out

kind regards,
Erik

EDIT: posting when using "reply" function

Erik

I have, on occasion, done similar when it seemed the post wasn't going through.

Especially when it was a lengthy post that I'd spent some time on.

Now if I can only figure out why I get randomly logged out (most likely work and their draconian settings on my laptop)...

I'm also periodically booted out, and not only on my work laptop but on home one too... :confused:

Otherwise I just about never suffer from time lags, and when I do I think it's my network... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back