Annoying Ad Test II

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Just to see if some of the end-of-the alphebet nouns will cause a match when placed at the top of the page and in some context.

widget wedge zit zeal virtue victim valley vagrant x-ray writer victim victim verse. woman volition years acne vegetable yacht vegetable woman visitor zero. warehouse wager youth voucher yacht yesterday vagrant yard yokel virtue tennis elbow.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Already, I've gotten some great Diamond Nut recipes and now an add for a dating service. Interesting list of clients that they have here.

For the people to be happy with this ad placement, they would have to be incredibly general purpose ads - they are showing up attached to bizarre words.

I need a new roof for my house. Can anyone recommend a good briefcase? What fertilizer do you put on your lawn?

After I turn off the ads, anyone reading this will think we are nuts.

MrExcel.com is a great website for learning about Excel. It also attracts a better class of people. Though quite a few are British and their spelling is a bit off center - which is not to say off colour.

I rather expected a link to something about composting in Mr. Jelen's previous post.

<sup>edit</sup> Wow, no hits on "Excel". But it did pick a word from my sig. Interesting... <sub>/edit</sub>

Noticed you corrected your spelling pretty quick there Greg!

Nothing like a bit of attrackshion :wink:

Yep, seems I can only notice a typo after clicking Submit.

This is a bit o' fun, though... this time it's picked up "brain" from Dom's sig, but it ignored "brain" in my sig. Furthermore, the first time it underlined "spelling" in my post, this time it isn't underlining it in mine, but is underlining it in Dom's. And the links on some of the underlined items have changed as well.

After I turn off the ads, anyone reading this will think we are nuts.

I have javascript turned off and as such there are no link ads displayed. It looks like you're all nuts to begin with. ;)

Greg,
edit Wow, no hits on "Excel". But it did pick a word from my sig. Interesting... /edit

The weird thing is, it only picked it up on the first post, not the second?

PS-I think this is the only board I've been to that's put advertising links on it, and then tried figure out how it works! :o :-D

What's amusing me is that sometimes "Dating Service" in Bill's 2<sup>nd</sup> post is highlighted and sometimes it ain't. I guess it can't decide if I'm busy tonight or not... :)

It would be inelegant of me to presume upon this wondrous array of knowledge

It seems to be a scattered result.

Tom

:laugh: Ahh, now I understand what you meant in your 'Let's see how this goes' thread Tom.

(Kristy's right. It is making us appear nuts.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PinHeads

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back