Is there a new VBHTMLMaker.xla?

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
My old VBHTML maker from Colo gets hammered by this new NBSP problem we seem to have picked up with this "upgrade". I noticed that Kristy posted something here http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=144630 that looks a lot like what that utility generates, but hers didn't suffer the non-breaking space problem. So was this indeed an upgraded VB HTML maker? Or does Kristy have some other special tool for posting code?!?

not a special tool, but instead of using the automated copy button, she views the source code and copies that.

I believe...
she'll correct me if I'm wrong :)

of course.. *clears throat*
did you read the FAQ that she PAINSTAKINGLY put together? and that she, with blood, sweat and tears, keeps updated?

:LOL: Blood sweat and tears is pushing it a little.

But other than the view code/copy thing, I actually went in and edited the code on my install of the addin and it's been working fine without having to do that.

I thought about posting about that, but I didn't want everyone to go into their code and accidentally mess it up so it doesn't work, etc. Hence, just staying with the copying the code.

Major edit: Doh! We're talking about the *VB* HTML Maker. No FAQ for that, Tracy (at least I haven't gotten bored enough yet, at any rate).

Anyway, even for the VB Html Maker, the same reason is behind it: I tinkered with the code. An extremly simple edit, actually.

You have to go into the modMain module in the VBHTMLMaker.xla. Just do a find and replace on Just replace it with &# 160; (no space) There should only be 2 replacements made. After that, I just saved it and it's worked just fine.

I always get those two mixed up.. they oughta be renamed!
grumble

OK - this IF statement is at line 216. Is this where you edited? What did you put in lieu of "" ? As you can see from this snippet, simply commenting out the line ain't the way to go!(You might have to spell it out or something because it looks like the board software did some type of conversion on what you wrote in your other post.)

<font face=Courier New> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> HTML <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Txt = Application.Substitute(Txt, " ", "")</SPAN>
Txt = Application.Substitute(Txt, vbNewLine, "
")
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Oh, and Tracy, yes, I had read Kristy's FAQ :wink:
And Frau Von Pookie, thank you for putting that together for everyone. (y)
PS - Kristy, latest avatar --- not that funny....:coffee:

Greg Truby said:
OK - this IF statement is at line 216. Is this where you edited? What did you put in lieu of "" ?

Yup, that's the line. I didn't realize the replacement text didn't show up (wonky board and its html issues, feh.). Replace the with &# 160; (without the space).

Basically, it's just a different HTML tag that does the same thing as

Nate ran across it while we were kind of playing around with the issue

PS - Kristy, latest avatar --- not that funny....:coffee:

:LOL:

It's from a game I've been playing, actually. Psychonauts. Well, the animation bit is. Just a little detail they added on a tv in the game--it's one of the things you can see when you change the channels. I ran across a site where someone had taken screengrabs and made it a gif file. I just shrank it down and added the text :)

Just a quick test...

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#007F00">' _____________________</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' ¯¯¯¯¯Method: Add¯¯¯¯¯</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Adds a new process for which a progress bar will be drawn.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Public</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Add(strProcessDescrip <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN>, _
               <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Optional</SPAN> strProcessName <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN> = "")
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">UBound</SPAN>(m_strProcessCaptions) = 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">ReDim</SPAN> m_strProcessCaptions(1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 1)
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">ReDim</SPAN> m_strProcessNames(1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 1)
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN>
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">ReDim</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Preserve</SPAN> m_strProcessCaptions(1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> Me.ProcessCount + 1)
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">ReDim</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Preserve</SPAN> m_strProcessNames(1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> Me.ProcessCount + 1)
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>
    m_intProcessCount = m_intProcessCount + 1
    m_strProcessCaptions(m_intProcessCount) = strProcessDescrip
    m_strProcessNames(m_intProcessCount) = strProcessName
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN>
</FONT><hr>Looked good in the preview mode...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueH1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back