Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have been using MS Access 2000 for some time and have always had a problem with my help file (the normal help file acccessed via pressing F1, or Menu, Help, MS Access Help). This hasn't really been an issue to date but now it is really annoying me.

The problem is that while it says "Microsoft Access Help" across the title bar, the answers from the answer wizard and the index page do not return some of the basic Access functions (e.g. isnumeric does not show, nor does left, right, iif ... and the list goes on) - the more I look at the results of the index and answer wizard, the more this looks like the contents of the Excel help file (e.g. vlookup in Access help?). :oops:

My question to the members is this : has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how do you go about fixing it? I have had a look on MS Technet and can't find anything obvious there and am a little reluctant to go through the uninstall and reinstall process. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew. :)

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi,

This is definitely a pain. The functions you mention (Isnumeric, Left, Right) are all part of VBA and you need to look into VBA help to find them. You can do this by opening the VB Editor (Alt F11) and clicking Help, Microsoft Visual Basic Help.

Let me know how you get on,

Dan

Upvote 0
Hi dk, thanks for the tip and it works wonderfully! If only I had asked this question years ago I would have saved myself hours and hours of hassle. (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back