keep all data in order - power query

bobaol

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, i have 6489 txt files. all the same structure, same columns, same column names. But with different number of rows for each file, and with a ton of garbage inside it. garbage include empty rows at various rows. my questions is, how do i get the data so it comes back in order. for example, let's say I have fileA, with ten rows. I have fileB with 15rows. both files contain empty rows somewhere between the first row and last row. How do I get the data so it shows FileA row2 regardless if empty, fileA row3 regardless if empty. then when finished with FileA, have the same situation for FileB, and so forth. So, i want to show FileA row 1 to 10, then FileB row 1 to 15, in the order it shows in the txt file. I need those empty rows, and i need it to be in the order as it exist in the txt file. I am new to this PowerQuery thing (thanks to people here in MrExcel). It looks very promising. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Whatever you designate in your source as your data range or table will be brought into PQ whether there are blank rows in that range/table or not.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks! it worked as you stated. must be my user error on the first try. A Light that Will Never Go Out: Am Yisrael Chai. cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back