How to merge 3 files on excel, manage Pivot Data and Slicer

questforexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I have 3 files have different data formats and fields. There is one common field amongst the 3 reports. The Location ID. The three Files would have different details each of which are connected by the Location ID.

First one, the employee register. Second is the Monthly Costing Analysis. Third is the Fixed Expenses Analysis.

I am looking for guidance on how to merge these 3 excels together. I do not have Power Pivot on my Work MS Office application. It has Power Query though.

After forming a relationship between these 3 files, how do i run slicers to represent data.

Also one area I wanted to know if its possible to filter/edit the details shown from the pivot value field, when I double click it. Whenever I click on the value to get more details, it opens up all the columns and fields for that cost item with all the column fields.

I am trying to attach the file as an example not able to find a tab to attach my file. Could you guide on how to do that.

Thank you,

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Could you please guide on the best way to link and form a relationship between 3 excel files which have different data formats. However, they may have one common field.

Thank you,

Upvote 0
It's been a while, but I suggest posting small samples of the three tables. Note that each table needs a field (column) that has a unique identifier that appears only once in the table, but also appears in one of the other tables. It would be best if all three tables had one identifier that relates to all of them, then even if a table of unique identifiers doesn't exist, it can be built from the other tables.
Please use XL2BB to post the data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back