Formula to calculate after a set amount of days

whatdoido

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Afternoon!

I've been tearing my hair out over this, and I hoping for some enlightenment from everyone here!

I would like a formula that will calculate the number of days after a certain date.

Basically we offer a storage service, which has an incentive of a number of days (different for each customer) free storage per item, the number of days free is presented in a cell for the formula to reference (so it can be changed easily later down the line). We bill monthly, so I was hoping for a formula that will take into consideration the free period, but will not keep deducting those seven days each billing period?

I hope I have explained that enough to make some sense

I have attached a screen shot below to help.

Column 'K' is where the formula will be placed (the formula there doesn't work, so those values are incorrect)
Cell 'I4' is the free period
Column 'I' is the date of the last bill sent to client or if after that date the date the item arrived in depot

I added column 'R' as a work around, which I don't know if it will help or not, it is a basic formula "=IF(B9<>"",B9+$I$4,"")"

Any advice or criticism is welcome!!
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.46.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.46.52.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 18
Is this for Excel or Google Sheets?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Thank you!

The formula in E5 seems to work, however if the date difference is less than the free days it produces a minus value.
Could an if function be added to produce a '0' if number of days to bill is less than the free period?

Many thanks
why would it throw a zero? Isn't the date the billing date prepared exactly 1 month after the begin date?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back